Merlin has 15 years of experience leading teams and helping aspiring leaders become the best version of themselves through amplifying their strengths and harnessing their personal passion. Having cut his teeth as a tank commander and an intelligence officer over three tours in Afghanistan with the British Army, he really began learning about leadership over several years at PwC. During this time he was parachuted into ailing financial services, engineering and utilities clients with teams of consultants to change behaviours, analyse problems and create the environment for success.
Having also worked as a safari guide across East Africa, an aide to a Member of Parliament in Westminster, a security specialist across Europe and as an advisor on Academy Award winning Hollywood productions he has a broad range of experience that touches multiple industries.
A passionate Cornishman, Merlin is implementing various rewilding programmes on Bodmin Moor and believes that true success can be achieved by combining the restorative and motivating effects of the natural environment with the high pressure, fast paced nature of corporate life. When not helping clients create harmony and profit in their business setting he will usually be found deep in ancient oak woodland with a labrador, helping the natural ecosystem to regenerate and self-sustain.
- Performance Improvement Consulting
- Behaviour change specialist with a focus on Lean methodologies
- Strengths based Leadership Development and Authentic Leadership coach
- Worked with clients across multiple sectors and industries in the UK, Europe and the Middle East
- Political Advisor to a British Member of Parliament
- Sustainability Strategy Consultant
- Military Advisor on high budget Hollywood productions
- Major in the British Army Reserve Forces
- Human Intelligence Officer in Afghanistan and the UK
- Tank Commander
- MBA (Distinction), University of Exeter
- BA (Hons), Leadership and Management
- Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst