Claire and Zoe Winthrop, our inspirational ambassadors, are aiming to compete at the 2022 Winter Olympics but just what is Ski Cross? Ski Cross is one of the events of Freestyle Skiing in which four skiers start at the same time and compete on a roughly one-kilometre specially constructed course over jumps, waves and steep turns side by side.
WHAT IS THE SKI CROSS COURSE LIKE?
- 800 to 1200 meters long
- 150 to 250 meters vertical drop
- Ladies and Men use the same course
- Course is a series of ‘Features’
- 50% turns of varying size and speeds between the features
- 25% traverses, bumps and rollers
- 25% jumps (1 to 4 meters high) and landings
- A Drop Down Start Gate is used